Costa Rica : Stay in an indigenous community
Tour in detail
> 10 days - 9 nights
> 25 meals included
Day 1: Fly to San Jose
- Get settled with your host family or at a hostel (your choice).
Day 2: Community
- Take an excursion to the Poas volcano.
- Visit La Paz waterfall.
Days 3, 4 and 5: Community
- Interact with community members through various tasks and activities.
- Visit the school to meet the students.
- Visit a zoo housing monkeys, reptiles and a wide variety of vegetation.
Day 6: Community − Sarapiqui
- Travel to Sarapiqui.
- Take a chocolate tour.
- Visit a local farm and plant trees.
Day 7: Maleku community
- Travel to the Maleku community.
- Discover the local world and lifestyle.
- Visit the village and healing garden.
- Attend a traditional Maleku ceremony.
Day 8: Maleku community – Arenal
- Take a cruise on the Cano Negro.
- Travel to Arenal.
- Discover Arenal Volcano National Park.
Day 9: Arenal − Alajuela
- Visit La Fortuna waterfall.
- Relax in the Baldi hot springs.
- Travel to Alajuela.
Day 10: Fly back home
The package include:
- Return flight to Montreal/Toronto, including taxes.
- Lodging in communities and hotels
- Full board, except for arrival and departure days
- Bus transportation for all excursions.
- Visits and admission to the attractions listed in the itinerary.
- Services of a professional English speaking guide.
- Detailed documentation for the organizer.
- 24-hour emergency assistance from Voyages Objectif Terre.
- The 0.10% contribution to the travel agent’s collective security fund.
- Free trip for organizers at a rate of 1 per 10 paying participants.